The revised Jaguar XE will be available with an RDE2 compliant 180PS diesel engine, meaning company car drivers will not have to pay the 4% benefit-in-kind surcharge.
The manufacturer also says the refreshed range will be better value than the current model. For example, it says the D180 R-Dynamic S, priced at £36,145, is £670 cheaper than the 19MY XE R-Sport equivalent – at £36,815 – while adding around £1,100 of extra equipment.
This means that while a 40% taxpayer would pay an annual BIK bill of £4,859 for the 19MY R-Sport, the same driver would pay £4,193 for the 20MY R-Dynamic S.
Rawdon Glover, Jaguar Land Rover MD, said: “In developing the new Jaguar XE, we really focused on the things that mattered to our customers.
“XE remains one of the sharpest handling and best-looking cars in this class, so while we see subtle updates to the award-winning chassis and a more assertive exterior, our design team has made significant enhancements to the interior, completely transforming it from the outgoing model.
“Now packed full of technology, including the segment-first ClearSight system, XE’s cabin is not only cutting edge but extremely luxurious, too.
“Most importantly, the improvements over the outgoing XE don’t come at the expense of our loyal customers – in fact, the new XE is actually better value for buyers.”
Available only with automatic transmissions, the new XE can also be purchased with either a 250PS and 300PS petrol engine.
Jaguar says its latest diesel engines have approximately 25% better fuel economy than petrol engines, produce around 15% less CO2 and emit around the same amount of NOx.
Exterior changes include new front and rear bumpers, all-LED headlights and tail-lights, while the interior features a new Touch Pro infotainment system and 12.3-inch interactive display, first seen in the I-Pace.
XE’s entry-level specification now features 18-inch wheels, electric leather seats, front and rear park aid, rear camera and lane keep assist.
Customers can select from S, SE and HSE trim levels, with each also available in sporty R-Dynamic guise. A range of option packs are also available:
- Dynamic Handling Pack: Configurable Dynamics, Adaptive Dynamics, Performance Brakes, Coloured Brake Calipers, Bootlid Spoiler
- Cold Climate Pack: Heated Windscreen, Heated Steering Wheel, Headlight Washers
- Technology Pack: Head-Up Display, Solar Windscreen, Touch Pro Duo, Interactive Driver Display, Wireless Charging, ClearSight Interior Rear View Mirror
- Convenience Pack: Gesture Bootlid, Keyless Entry, Electric Steering Column Adjustment, Additional Power Sockets
- Premium Interior Upgrade Pack: Illuminated Treadplates, Bright Pedals, Configurable Ambient Lighting