The BVRLA welcomed an influx of new talent from across the vehicle rental and leasing industry at its AGM.
Peter Cakebread, managing director of Marshall Leasing, has agreed to take the position of vice-chairman of the association and will take over as BVRLA chairman when Neil Cunningham steps down in May 2013.
The BVRLA Chairman is responsible for leading the BVRLA Committee of Management - in effect its board of directors - which saw four new members added today:
• Richard Schooling, chief executive of Alphabet.
• Bart Beckers, managing director of Arval.
• Kaye Ceille, managing director of Avis Budget UK.
• Andrew Morley, sales and marketing director of Prohire, joins in his role as chairman of the BVRLA Commercial Vehicle Committee.
Making way for the new quartet are former BVRLA chairman and vice-chair Kevin McNally of LeasePlan and Ian Tilbrook of Alphabet, formerly ING Car Lease.
“Kevin helped steer the association and through the height of the financial crisis and some immensely challenging discussions with major fleet vehicle manufacturers,” said BVRLA chief executive, John Lewis.
“We were ably assisted by Ian, who has been one of the committee’s most active participants during his stint.”
“We must also thank former Avis managing director Kevin Bradshaw and Elliot Lennick of MAN Financial Services, who stepped down last year.”
Elsewhere, the BVRLA’s member committees have new vice-chairs. These are:
• Commercial Vehicle Committee: Victoria Hudson, managing director of Eurohire Vehicle Rentals.
• Rental Committee: Ian Feast, operations director of Avis Budget UK
• Leasing and Fleet Management Committee: Keith Allen, managing director of ALD
• Leasing Broker Committee: Paul Huxford, managing director of PHVC
“It is great to welcome these new faces because we certainly have some new challenges for them to focus on,” said BVRLA chief executive, John Lewis.