There is now extra time to nominate successful women in transport and logistics with the extension of the deadline for Freight Transport Association (FTA) Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards nominations.
The Awards are free to enter and owing to a high level of interest, nominations can now be made until February 9, 2015.
June Powell, FTA’s director of compliance management, who is on this year’s Awards judging panel, said: “The FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards are the perfect opportunity to showcase how women can make a career in transport a successful and fulfilling one.
"We hope that they will continue to uncover inspirational role models, improve the image of the industry, and demonstrate that the support and development of female talent is taken seriously within the sector.”
Entries are sought in the following categories:
- Rising Star of the Year Award (sponsored by Wincanton) - awarded to a woman aged under 30 who is excelling in her career.
- Driver of the Year Award - awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role as a driver including HGV, van, motorcycle or passenger transport.
- The Warehousing Award (sponsored by DHL) - awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role within a warehousing environment.
- Innovation and Sustainability Award (sponsored by DHL Supply Chain) - awarded to a woman who is implementing an innovative operational solution (technologies and processes) that is changing the industry in a positive way.
- Team Leader of the Year Award - awarded to a woman who is leading a team to excel in a way that contributes greatly to the company's success.
- Leader of the Year Award (sponsored by Asda) - awarded to a woman operating in a senior role, contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Industry Champion Award (sponsored by TNT) - awarded to an individual, male or female, who is an active champion for the industry, playing a vital role in attracting and retaining women in transport and logistics.
FTA has supported Everywoman and its initiatives since 2008, including the Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Leadership Academy, and the FTA Everywoman Accelerate Programme.
As part of the continued collaboration, the Association became the title partner for the FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards in 2013.